The key objective of this programme is to develop autonomous health care professionals capable of adapting to rapidly changing environments and evolving healthcare settings. The unique methods used in this programme will create students who offer substantial contribution to the development of paramedic practice. Graduates will commit to lifelong learning, founded on the standards of proficiency set out by the Health and Care Professions Council [HCPC].
Before Learners can begin the QA Diploma in Paramedic Practice (RQF) qualification, they must:
– Be at least 18 years old on the first day of the training
– Have at least 5 GCSE’s [A* to C] or equivalent, including English, Mathematics and a Science. Where English is not the Learner’s first language they will need to be able to communicate in English to the standard equivalent to level 7, with no single element below 6.5 of the international English language testing system.
Applicants for Direct Access to Level 6
– Have successfully completed the QA Level 5 Diploma in First Response Emergency and Urgent Care (RQF) or a QA recognised equivalent
– Have access to, and be able to evidence, 750hrs worth of clinical practice
All Learners must satisfy the general admissions requirements of the programme, which are as follows:
– Attend a selection day
– Whilst not essential it would be beneficial for applicants to possess a full clean UK manual driver’s licence and C1 entitlement added to their licence
– Students must be physically fit and have the strength to lift and carry patients and equipment
– Students must be able and prepared to undertake shift work e.g. night duty, evenings, religious festivals and weekends
– Evidence of good health and good character are required which are assessed by occupational health screening and a Disclosure and Barring Service report
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH CHECKS
Paramedic practice is both physically and mentally demanding. Before you begin the programme we need to ensure that you are able to meet these demands. If you are offered a place on the course, it will be subject to a satisfactory occupational health check.
Health conditions noted during the health check will be dealt with on an individual basis. Health conditions do not automatically exclude you from the programme, so please ensure you fully disclose any and all you may have. We will endeavour to make reasonable adjustments to support you on the course, in which case we need to be fully informed to ensure your safety and wellbeing. If you need further guidance on our Occupational Health Checks, please contact us.
Due to the environment you will be in during your practice placements you will be required to provide a record of your immunisations. You may need to contact your GP to find your immunisation record and you may need new vaccinations prior to starting the course. This may incur a cost, for which you will be liable.
– Introduction to Paramedic Practice
– Anatomy & Physiology
– Immediate Life Support
– Trauma Management
– Emergency & Urgent Care across the lifecycle
– Principles of paramedic practice
– Research Methods
– Bioscience for Paramedics
– Clinical Assessment and Treatment Skills
– Advanced Trauma Life Support
– Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Paramedic Practice
– Paramedic practice in relation to patients across the life cycle
– Personal, professional and regulatory requirements in paramedic practice
– Preparing for paramedic practice
We are now accepting applications for the QA Diploma in Paramedic Practice. If you would like to apply, please complete the online application form, which will be reviewed by our admissions team. If your application meets our initial entry requirements we will contact you to invite you to attend an interview. If you need assistance to complete your application form, please contact us via email@example.com.
The programme is primarily delivered in Liverpool. Our students have access to a library, clinical skills rooms and extensive IT facilities to support your learning. Your practice placements will be at a variety of locations and will involve travel to the specified service, facility.
Our faculty is made up of experienced paramedic tutors, clinical skills tutors and subject specialists who deliver lectures on their specified area of expertise.
Each cohort has 12 students, there are multiple cohorts running at different stages throughout the year.
You can ‘top up’ your qualification to a Bachelor of Science at your chosen university.
The Level 6 Diploma in Paramedic Practice is £7500 + VAT. Payment options are available, please contact our admissions team for further information.