Clinical Team Leader
SALARY: Depending on experience and clinical grade
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week (Across 24/7)
Under the direction of the Director of Operations and Head of Education the Clinical Team Leader will be responsible to the delivery of Gold Standard patient care of patients in a range of environments. The post holder will provide clinical leadership and guidance to operational staff within their team. The post holder will be required to work to Manone Medical’s policies and procedures and act as an ambassador for the company at all times.
POST HOLDER REQUIREMENTS
- HCPC Registered Paramedic, Ambulance Technician or equivalent
- Have a full UK driving licence and hold either a IHCD or Futurequals Emergency Driving Qualification
- Have at least 2 years experience working in an ambulance service/pre-hospital environment
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Clinical Team Leaders will primarily provide operational support within Manone’s Ambulance Service and Event Medical Services.
- CTL’s will be required to use their knowledge and skills in order to make professional judgements whilst providing treatment to patients in order to optimise the services user’s experience.
- Provide clinical supervision, leadership and support to operational staff, acting in a senior role and taking responsibility for service delivery.
- CTL’s will have allocated station hours to complete audits, vehicle cleaning, stores orders, inductions and resource preparation.
- CTL’s will be required to work flexibly and at any of the company’s sites in line with Operational requirements across a 24 hour schedule
- CTL’s will take responsibility for preparing vehicles, equipment and resources as required. This will include stock checking, auditing and stores ordering to ensure vehicles are suitably equipped and ready for work.
- To carry out daily routine checks, as per daily vehicle check, and ensure that equipment is ready for use and that stores have been replenished, filling in relevant documentation, signing check list and taking over responsibility for the vehicle and its contents.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness of vehicle during the shift in line with Manone policies
- Drive company vehicles in a safe and proper manner, under all driving conditions having due regard to the needs of the patient, the safety of other road users, the conditions and prevailing traffic regulations.
- During the shift, report all accidents, adverse incidents, breakdowns and defects to vehicle and equipment by informing the HUB, and completing relevant documentation
- Replace all consumable items following shift and ensuring the vehicle is equipped for operational use.
- The Post Holder will be responsible for the supervision of staff during their training period influencing their development and guiding them through operational procedures.
- Responsible to supervise and mentor new and lesser-qualified staff and take full ‘Clinical Responsibility’. Working with appropriate clinical leads and the Training Department to deliver training and development to staff as required.
- Actively participate in undertaking audit inline with company policy disseminating audit findings and actively leading the implementation of changes to protocol and/or procedure.
- Lead and manage the processes, which ensure the principles of clinical governance are embedded in practice and assist with clinical audits.
- To assist in clinical investigations when required.
- Conduct routine drug audits as requested by the Senior Management team.
- Maintain regular communication with the Manone HUB regarding updates and changes to personal and/or vehicle availability and movements.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and organisational policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To act at all times in a manner consistent with legislation, policy and procedures in respect of Equality and Diversity
- To work to the values of the organisation and display high standards of integrity and professionalism towards clients and colleagues
- To continuously develop and update own knowledge and skills within the job role and contribute to setting own work objectives.
- To demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally.
- To plan and organise own workload within tight timescales and to set and work to agreed objectives.
- To undertake any other duties relevant to the post as may be assigned from time to time which are consistent with the post.
The post holder must work within the confines of the said and stated Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). In addition the post holder must ensure that the above responsibilities are achieved as well as other duties and tasks as allocated at the discretion of the Operations Manager which are within the post holder’s capabilities and within the scope of the post. Manone reserves the right to review the post holder’s performance on a regular basis and it is expected that unless prevented by ill health the post holder will devote the whole of their working time, attention and abilities to the business of the organisation.
To be considered for this role, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you wish to be considered for this role to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ambulance Services: 2 years
Required licence or certification:
- Full UK Driving Licence